Best thing in the world for a hot, lazy summer day!
You will need:
Lavender syrup (see footnotes)
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
container of mint, freshly rinsed (or “a handful” if it’s coming out of your garden – leave and stems are OK
Whiskey – Gentleman Jack is the best option – if not, use a Canadian blended whiskey like Pendleton. (We don’t do bourbon since we’re Tennesseans and it’s akin to sacrilege)
This recipe is super simple and worth it!
- Combine the sugar and water and bring to a boil.
- Add the mint to the boiling sugar water and turn off the heat
- Once cool, strain the liquid into a glass jar.
- Prepare lavender syrup in the same way, replacing the mint with 1 tsp lavender buds. A friend of mine gave me the lavender syrup for another blog project, so I used what I had already.
- Fill a tumbler halfway with ice.
- Add 1 tsp mint syrup
- Add 1 tsp lavender syrup
- Add 2 shots of whiskey
- Stir and enjoy!